Caring for your jewellery
90% of our jewellery is 925 sterling silver and plated with either 18ct gold or rhodium. Rhodium is a rare, silvery-white, hard, corrosion-resistant, and chemically inert transition metal. It is a noble metal and a member of the platinum group. The other 10% of our jewellery is made from either platinum, 9ct gold, brass or enamel plated.
In order to get the most out of your plated jewellery, we've created some handy guidelines that will keep your pieces looking the best they can, for longer.
1. Remove long necklaces during tasks where they may get caught
Take your necklaces off when there is a chance they can get snagged or caught.
2. Remove jewellery when applying makeup, lotions or chemicals
Cosmetics, hairspray, perfume and lotions often contain chemicals in them that tarnish plated jewellery. Always remove and be careful not to spray perfumes on plated earrings!
3. Swimming and Saunas
Chlorine, salt water and intense heat (from saunas or steam rooms) can react with the metals in our jewellery causing colour changes and even structural damage.
4. Contact Sport and jewellery don't mix
Hard contact during sports (yes, we're talking to you weight-lifting ladies) can damage and misshape jewellery - so take it off and store it somewhere safe.
5. Store your jewellery well
You will have one of our lovely Heavenly pouches, we advise storing your jewellery in them overnight to stop oxidisation and discoloration.